Web Development & Technical Support
The Rehabilitation Research Design & Disability (R2D2) Center in the College of Health Sciences at UWM has a student hourly opening on its web development and technical support team. This position will assist with 1) technical support projects, including software installation, troubleshooting, documentation, advanced macros, and finding innovative technology solutions and 2) web development projects, including templates, databases, CSS, accessibility tuning, and transforming content for web presentation.
Team oriented, detailed, and self-directed. Strong English language, editing, troubleshooting, problem solving, and customer service skills are essential.
Knowledge of Windows and/or Mac operating systems; advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); and HTML/CSS.
Knowledge of and/or experience with:
- SQL and databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres)
- Designing websites that meet W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 web standards
- Testing/optimizing sites for usability
- Web accessibility evaluation tools
- Version control systems
- Linux (command line interface)
- Digital video editing, captioning, and compression
Hours and Compensation:
10-20 per week, flexible schedule; Wage depends on qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, letter of interest, and schedule of work availability to Aura Hirschman via firstname.lastname@example.org.Visit www.r2d2.uwm.edu for R2D2 Center information.